Thursday, October 24, 2013

From Michelangelo to Colonial times!

My daughter is very enthusiastic about art projects,... I am not! I love watching her create, just not all the prep. and clean up! (Something I need to work on.) We just completed our study on Michelangelo with a fresco done lying on her back, (naturally!)
My hometown has an annual "Colony Days" weekend, with a parade and events. They set up a "tent city" with a Blacksmiths, an ice cream shop, a bank (where you could trade dollars for wooden nickles to buy ice cream..)and so on. We had just finished our colonial times study, so I though it would be a perfect way to wrap it up!
Lots of fun! Have a great weekend! Tiffany (taffygrinch)

1 comment:

  1. It looks like your kids learned a lot during this time period! Hands-on experiences are the best!

    ReplyDelete