Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Field Trips, Art Projects, Curriculum Switch on the Fly and...Oh My!

First, let me say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE teaching my children at home. That being said, I am feeling so tired! As I chatted with another homeschooling Mom, we were discussing how much work goes into preparation! I am so thankful I had months and months to get materials together and organized! I am getting the hang of it, but...my house, my health and over all demeanor could use some refreshing! We had to switch our math plan on the fly, due to our charter school. We were all set to go with Horizons Math K, (and so excited about it!) But, due to the publisher having "religious affiliation," the state won't pay for it...AHEM. So, I went with Right Start Math. Love it! I AM RELIEVED. We've worked with "Tally Marks," "Triangles and Quadrilaterals," "The Abacus," and much more... We have been enjoying our World's Greatest Artists study, from Confessions of a Homeschooler. We are on Michelangelo. This, is Lalalicious' soap sculpture! Not quite the "David," but she had fun! Fall seems to be the time for field trips! Our first, official field trip was The Fair! We had been reading "Charlotte's Web," so the timing was perfect! And this week, we went on a tour of "The Huntington Art Gallery!" We love us some culture! Hope you're all having a blessed week! Tiffany (taffygrinch)

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you've been having a great learning time with your kids! (The reason I don't take money from the government is because I don't want them dictating what I will and won't pour into my children.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been having a great time! While the government does get a say in what THEY pay for, I still have the freedom to teach it the way I see fit, and fill in with my own curriculum choices. I don't think I would have done it otherwise. Always praying about which roads to take.

      Delete