Wednesday, May 8, 2013

feelin' crafty...in my way.

I'm always pinning things, that I have every intention of making (some day.) So many of these ideas, are actually fairly easy to "DIY." However, finding the time and motivation to actually do it myself, not so much! I have had a few things "on my list," that just happened to work out! We took a trip to the home improvement store and got some paint color cards. I already had some book rings, and color specific picture pages from confessionsofahomeschooler. We just filled in the cards with stickers and pictures, punched holes and we have a "my colors book." Simple! I love the fly swatter, sight word game (thingy.) So, I found bug(ish) shaped paper cut outs at the D*llar Tree, and wrote in words, numbers, and tally marks before laminating.(I also left a few blank, to fill in via dry erase, whatever words we are currently on.) And, have I mentioned our GIANT fly swatters? (Also from D*llar Tree.) We started out on our "jump pad." I would just call out letters or numbers, and the kids would swat it! Fun and..slightly dangerous. They were excited to move on to bugs, we are calling it "splat." So far, everyone is having fun and enjoying our handywork! I may even try a few more. Tiffany (taffygrinch)

2 comments:

  1. So cute, I wish mine little man was still doing things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color book and stickers idea! I think we may have to try it. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete