Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Do you're homework!

Every time new curriculum arrives, everyone is so EXCITED! What is it? Who is it for? Can I do it now...? I love this! I will usually let the kids look at whatever it is for a few minutes, and then tell them that Mommy has to do her homework before we use it! I am loving the "open the book and go" style curriculum, that require very little preparation... But, let's be honest, there aren't many. So, in this amazing adventure we call "homeschooling," ...we (as parents and teachers,) have our own homework to do! Not only are we responsible for choosing what to teach, but, how to teach it. (An overwhelming privilege!) And also, actually making it happen. Along with a the other pieces to the puzzle we call our daily lives. Over the last weekend, I read through several teachers manuals for our upcoming year (my brain hurts!) And then, there's organizing and storing the work. I've started getting my system together, (my posts' titled "Organized Chaos.") How do you all "get it together?" Tiffany (taffygrinch)

3 comments:

  1. You mean that you actually get it all together? I only homeschool one and I still don't have it all together, and don't think I ever will. I am making a more concentrated effort to do this. I'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No, I'm sure it never really is all together! But, it's good to have goals, right?

      Delete
  2. *Your*
    Do *your* homework! :)
    You're right; it's an incredible privilege to be able to homeschool. Have a wonderful school year with your children!
    ___________
    http://www.in-nuce.com

    ReplyDelete